Practice Iyengar Yoga In Sri Lanka
Join George King, Certified Iyengar Yoga teacher and Co-Director of the Yarraville Yoga Centre, on a five-night yoga retreat at Sri Lanka’s famed Sen Wellness Sanctuary. Part of a 10-night all-inclusive Sri Lankan sojourn, hosted by Jo Bailey.
15-25 September 2017
1 night in Colombo (walking tour of the fort)
1 night Galle (enjoy a morning trip to the market then learn how to cook an authentic Sri Lankan curry)
Yoga Retreat (5-nghts): About the Sen Wellness Sanctuary
The Sanctuary is the inspiration of Sri Lankan-born Sam Kankanamage, founder of London’s Breath of Life holistic healthcare clinic. Set in a nature reserve on Rekawa beach, the south-facing aspect of the beach means that it is one of the few in Sri Lanka to get both sunsets and sunrises. It’s also deserted, apart from the fishermen & the turtle watchmen, employed to protect the local turtle population.
0:630 – 07:15 Pranayama
07:30 – 09:00 Light Breakfast (observe silence)
09:30 – 11:00 Asana
11:30 – 13:30 Lunch
13:30 onwards Free time
17:00 – 18:30 Led Practice (experienced Iyengar students only)
Sen Wellness Sanctuary Inclusions:
- Five nights’ accommodation at including all meals (mostly vegetarian and seafood).
- Arrival and departure transfers in air-conditioned coaches.
- Ayurvedic consultation with Fully qualified in-house lady Ayurvedic doctor.
- Wifi Facilities in reception lobby and lounge areas.
- Nature and culture related excursions – including turtle watching and boat excursions.
- Unlimited bottled mineral water, herbal tea, and a daily morning King Coconut drink.
3 nights in Kandy (tour Kandy City and the Royal Botanical gardens with a Botanist; take the tea country train to Hatton)
Total trip inclusions:
- 10 nights’ accommodation
- Daily breakfast, five lunches, five dinners
- All transfers and listed touring
- Yoga Retreat
- Trip arrives and departs Colombo
PRICE: US$3,299 per person (EXCLUDING flights)
About George King
With 15 years teaching experience, most recently as Co-Director of the Iyengar Yoga Studio in Yarraville, George is passionate about teaching the transformational practice to people from all walks of life.
About Jo Bailey
With 25 years of experience as a luxury travel advisor, Jo is an expert at crafting dream holidays. Specialising in active travel and holistic experiences, you couldn’t be in better hands on this Sri Lankan experience.
For enquiries please contact:
03 9252 3800
Terms and conditions:
DEPOSIT AND PAYMENT:
A deposit of $1445.00 AUD per person is required to confirm a spot on the retreat.
Deposit is non-refundable unless the trip is cancelled or there is a waitlist.
Bookings close 31 March 2017 unless sold out prior.
Final payments are due to be paid to Travelcall no later than 10 June 2017.
A 2.5% administration fee will be added to payments by Visa, MasterCard or Amex. Alternatively, a direct deposit into the account of Travelcall is an alternative form of payment with no administration fee.
Deposit is non-refundable unless the trip is cancelled or there is a waitlist. Full payment refunds will be assessed on a case by case scenario depending on cancellation reason.
All passengers will require a valid passport with at least 6 moths validity from date of return to Australia. If not an Australian passport holder, please check with Travelcall regarding Visa requirements.
* Airfares (these can be organised through Travelcall)
* Lunch & Dinners pre & post the retreat
* Items of a personal nature
* Travel Insurance (insurance is recommended and can be organised through Travelcall)